Regional Project Board
The Balanced Seas Project Board was responsible for the delivery of the project and consisted of representatives of each of the partner organisations. An observer from Defra was present at the quarterly Board meetings, and other members were invited on to the Board as the Board saw fit.
The Project Board was not a stakeholder group and was not involved in recommending Marine Conservation Zones. It has overall legal, financial and management responsibility for the project, and ensured that the project was co-ordinated and communicated nationally, regionally and locally. The Board had no role in the design or selection of sites but ensured that the selection process was open and inclusive.
- Linda Davies (Chair), Director of Environment and Waste, Kent County Council
- Elizabeth Holliday, Team Leader, Natural Environment and Coast Team, Kent County Council
- Douglas MacMillan, Head, School of Anthropology and Conservation, University of Kent
- Chris McMullon, South East Senior Coastal Specialist, Natural England
- Lisa Jenner, Coastal and Marine Adviser, Natural England
- Jon Davies, Marine Protected Sites Team Manager, Joint Nature Conservation Committee
- Sue Wells, Project Manager, Balanced Seas